SHOUT PITTSBURGH HAS BEEN POSTPONED
The F. Dok Initiative is a community focused organization with the goal of enriching the lives of all Pittsburghers. We began this journey in the fall of 2017 and have had success across the city. Starting in 2019, we have split our program into four working groups with each offering support through different channels. Those four groups are:
- The Charity Group- helping directly fund smaller charitable organizations that align with the Initiative’s goals
- The Entrepreneur Group- offering small business coaching, legal assistance, and investment capital to local entrepreneurs
- The Small Projects Group- helping communities fund small projects that align with the Initiative’s goals
- The Neighbor Group- small personal grants to help neighbors in need
The Initiative focuses on a variety of causes across Pittsburgh. We have dedicated our resources to helping those in need, specifically targeting the following areas:
- Providing food security to all Pittsburghers
- Helping our at-risk Veterans
- Building business opportunities in all communities
- Aiding at-risk LGBT+ Pittsburghers
- Encouraging art across the city
If you know of any organizations that are doing amazing work in those areas please let us know. Click here to contact us with more information.
We can’t do this alone. The Initiative is always looking for dedicated individuals to help us evaluate opportunities, and to that end has created the F. Dok Initiative Fellows program. Fellows come from all backgrounds and help the Initiative identify targets for support as well as ensure that our resources have the best possible impact. If you’re interested in becoming an F. Dok Initiative Fellow please click here.